Sunday, March 7, 2010

Stay Wet

It seems like I have not been swimming that much lately, but if I take a look at my complete log of workouts for the past several months, I would see that it is not so, but I feel that I may need some external motivation other than swimming with the group on select days. I am considering the alternative that I had used for my training last spring. That would be going to the Petaluma High School workouts on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. To extrapolate on the possibility, I could swim in Petaluma 25-28 sessions at $5 per session. That is $125-140. Then there is the travel expenses to include and that would be 36 miles per session. That is about equal to 900 miles for the 25 sessions and that is 900 miles, divided by 25 mpg, which brings us to 36 gallons of fuel @ $3.30/gal =$120.00. That, added to the $125 for 25 sessions is $245 for that idea. I can round the cost to $10 per session, and the extra time is non negotiable. This idea appears to be cost ineffective. the other alternative is to join with the Santa Rosa Masters coached workouts for an extra $29 a month more than my monthly pass, which I would need to have if I went to Petaluma. I guess I will talk with the coach, that does seem reasonable.

Saturday I swam at Dolores Bengston Aquatic Center in Pleasanton, but I only swam a 2K.

I went to Ridgway this morning and the pod was splintered and ffairly dispersed. I did my own thing.

1000 choice, all strokes
750 kick on back with fins
250 breaststroke kick
5x100 backstroke, down to 1:23 on 2 minutes
500 free, alternate breathing

3000
B-

No comments: