Tuesday, November 12, 2013

USRPT 500 Yard Freestyle Training

These workouts are getting really boring.  By boring I mean there is no superfluous flopping, drills, kicking, or other less than efficient swimming.  Except for the warm up and cool down.
 
800 warm up
ez swim
backstroke
building

30x
400/500 race pace
50 free
35 seconds
20 rest
55 second send off
Failures at 12, 16, 21, 24, 27,
28, 29 and 30 were @34 seconds

12 minutes cool down
I now have a scuba slate but I did not use it today.  Failed reps are fairly accurate.

NOTE:  I can certainly feel a loss of propulsive force when letting up just a bit(a stroke or two) from the desired pace. This is a mental issue.  Professor Rushall talks about thought processes that will occur during the rest phase.  My thoughts today included thinking about the loss of propulsion when easing a stroke or two and thoughts as I was approaching the conclusion of the set that I was swimming well at the desired pace, and even concluded the final 3 reps in 34 seconds. 

Plan on butterfly work tomorrow. 




No comments: