Friday, February 19, 2010

1650 Postal in the Morning

I had a pretty good swim this morning. I swam the 1650 and am submitting my time to the TAM 1650 postal event. TAM has named this event to honor Jon Steiner, the TAM swimmer that was very active in Pacific Masters and local masters swimming for many years. It is now officially called the Jon Steiner Memorial 1650 Postal Swim. It is contested in January and February and has been on the schedule for some time.

500 warm up choice

1650 swim 23:02.24. I swam 17 seconds faster thn last year. I held pace, only wavering a bit during some lost thoughts around 1200 yards. I am happy with the swim.

During warm up, I noticed that my spl was up and my rate was also fast. I carried this over to the swim, and I only reduced my spl towards the middle of the swim. I am not sure why this was so. I did not swim yesterday because Thursday has been my typical off day. I usually have fairly good dps after a day off but that was not the case today. Perhaps this change is stroke rate/distance can be attributed to the anticipation of the swim being contested competitively and I was a bit pumped.

200 warm down

2350 yards
A

I went to Ridgway for the noon swim and although the hammerhead pod was in the water I stayed on the periphery and did my own thing, due to the above workout in the morning.

500 free, try to increase stroke length
500 kick on back with fins
5x100 back all near or under 1:30, last 3 at 1:29
500 free ez
9xspeed play, 25 frees with wall work, break out stroke work. I started to get sloppy and a bit fatigued so I ended the effort.

2450 yards
B

No comments: