Monday, February 1, 2010

Grade or Quality Rating Scale

I think I am going to start grading or rating the workouts. I thought of a pretty good scale by which to rank the intensity and quality of the workout.
A-prescribed workout, like a coached workout, well thought out sets,
B-self coached moderate intensity workout
C-aerobic, low intensity workout , lap swimming, drills
Below average workouts should be considered rest days, or therapeutic swims

This morning would be a B workout. We worked harder at the Warren inspired Sunday workout and I have been using the Monday workout as a recovery day with less yards and lower intensity swimming. Last Monday I think it was a C workout, as I was feeling the previous day's workout. I was feeling pretty good this morning, although I could still feel residual soreness. I also held the yardage back a bit.

400 back swim
600 free swim
100 free
500 kick on back with fins, dolphin
100 free
10x50 free/fly on 60 seconds, last 3 on 90
100 ez free

2800 yards
B-

I need to revise this workout. I was starting the workout on Tuesday and I remembered that I swam 3x200 fly this morning the above workout, so perhaps I swam an additional 600 yards, I don't know. I will keep the total yardage as entered here and on the FLOG and I will try to be more accurate in the future.

No comments: