Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Good Warm Up Basics

I did leave my suits at IVC on Saturday and I can retrieve them any time. There was a butterfly clinic for masters swimmers last evening, and it was instructed by Coach Warren Lager.

The Maria Carrillo Lady Pumas basketball team was beaten by the Lady Gauchos of Casa Grande High School last night at Carrillo. Final was 51-40. Casa pulled away in 4th quarter after three quarters of solid defense and even scoring by both teams.

I arrived at Finley this morning and I found an open spot next to the pod and Warren was leading this morning. I heard him say there would be lots of rest in the set.

I had a good thorough warm up of about 2000 yards before I got to the butterfly part of the set. I thought that I needed to do the workout this morning because I thought the USA hockey game was at noon. Now it looks like it is on at 3PM.

Medical note: right arm region feels cranky, some point soreness at latissimus, tricep, and neck. Clavicle soreness. The cold seems to be easing up.

500 swim warm up
500 back
500 Kick on back with fins
4x100 5 seconds rest
200 free
16x25 breast kick
5x100 fly, various stroke combinations including alternating 1 arm with full stroke, full stroke lap/free lap
10x25 fly, wall work 4 strokes after turn
5x50 fly ez full stroke good rest
100ez warm down

3600 yards
B+

No comments: