Saturday, February 20, 2010

Indian Valley 50 Meter Swimming

I was invited to swim with the Marin Pirates Masters this morning. They swim at Indian Valley College in Novato California. We swam long course this morning and I really enjoyed it. I think I only swam long course two times last season. i really like swimming in a long course pool. There is much to like. The main advantage that I find in swimming long course is ther is a greater length of time to get in the proper rythym and focus without having to think about turning so much. There is a whole seperate thought process when turning and since half of the turns are eliminated from a long course workout, I find this to be advantageous.

Cokie Lepinski was the on deck coach this morning. I counted 15 swimmers at one time during the middle of the workout. There were 4 other swimmers in the lane with me. Ron Emhoff from TOC and Kent from USF as well as two other swimmers were with me in the lane.

200 warm up

Coached workout
4x100 on 1:35

6 times through
5x50 each round decending interval, 30,25, 20, 15, 10, and 5 seconds, choice
100 recovery

200 swim down

2900 meters
A

No comments: