Friday, February 12, 2010

A Nice Hour Swim

After a forced off day that I will tell about shortly, I was back in the pool this morning. I know that if I got to the pool too sooon, I would be swimming in the short lane, I mean shallow lane, and so I just hung around and talked with Mary, the lifeguard, for awhile. I got in that shallow lane to start swimming at 3 after the hour so the hour swim was only 57 minutes. For more details, I took a break after 1000 and I really needed another break shortly thereafter, but I kept swimming until 0800.

1000 swim
break
500 swim continuing to a full uninterrupted 30 minute swim of
1900 yards in 29:35
no warm down swim

3400 yards
B+

During the last 30 minutes of the session, I tried to stretch it out, spl, and tried to add some kicking. I had to pee for over 15 minutes and I was kind of distracted so I had a bit of a problem keeping my mind on my stroke form and count.

Yesterday I did not swim. I went for a walk in the morning around the time that I would usually walk and my back was sore from the beginning. I am going to walk now, after swimming this morning, and try to determine if there is any difference. I hope to be back in the water today, probably this evening to do some speed work.

I did make it back to Finley in the evening, and I did do some speed work. I ended up pretty tired. I met up with a group of swimmers swimming together, another ad hoc, spontaneous workout group, and it sounded like they were exactly that, a pick up workout group. It was cool seeing and I swam some with them.

500 warm up
5x50 free on 50
200 free
4x50 choice on 60
300 swim down

1450 yards
B

No comments: