Monday, February 8, 2010

Just Swim Monday

I just wanted to swim today. I did not want to do any hard work this morning so I just swam some laps and thought about where I was in the water. Funny thing happened this morning. My timing was not too good and it was going to be circle swim for a while. Ir just so happened that the nice lady, Dorothy, saw that I was thinking of taking the last half lane in the shallower end and she offered me her spot circling with Brian and another swimmer. She kind of tricked me and I thought it was kind of funny. We laughed, and soon then she told me that she owes me one. It made the morning that much more fun.

I remembered again as I did yesterday that my 50 free turn was not very good on Saturday. I went into the wall tentative and I had a weak push off the wall. I did not have hardly any kick off the wall either. 1 breath down, 2 coming home, maybe 1.

This morning at Finley.

1000 swim
1000 kick on back with fins
500 back
500 breast
600 free
out ez

3600 yards
B

I want to go and work on my turns this noon.

Which I did, at Finley. I was only in the water for about 45 minutes and I did just what I went to do, I worked on my freestyle turns, including turning closer to the wall, which involves a tighter tuck. This technique differs from a distance freestyle turn because explosiveness in required during the push off the wall into streamline, followed by power kicks, either dolphin or alternating kicking into the breakout stroke. I did 12 power turns, followed by strong turns at the 50.

500 warm up free

12x50 free, power turn at 25, followed by strong turn at 50

10xmodified Texas 25/50s. I modified by allowing 1 breath before the turn, and swimming until hypoxic, then cruising into the wall. 8 and 9 were 1 breath 50s and the 10th was 50 no breather.

1600 yards
A

5200 yards

No comments: