Sunday, February 7, 2010

Santa Rosa Masters Roster at USF

How many of my teammates can I recall seeing and swimming at the meet yesterday. It starts with me,Todd W., Hermine the coach, Jenny the newbie, Joel B.,Hilary H., John M., Christine, Don F., and...I think that is it. And Sara J. And Iris. 11 total.

I asked Brian Andrews, whom I consider one of the meet directors, about the number of entries and he said that there were 400 or so swimmers. I believe that number exceeds last years turnout and it also represents one of the largest 1 day masters swim meets in the nation. I will have to do research, especially in New England and Arizona.

Another new direction was tried after the 200 free. The rest of the meet was mixed seeded heats, meaning men and women swam together. I like it. Some people do not. Elmer the meet director, was looking for feedback and I gave him some positive. I heard there were people in the other locker room that were totally against the idea of the men and women swimming together. The meet did move along extremely efficiently, since mixing the heats definitely speeds up the whole meet. I think it was over by or around 2:30.

I swam all but one of my events in a new Speedo brief, right out of the grab bag. I put on the fastskin for 200 butterfly, only because. I gotta head to the pool to see who is back in the water this morning. I can not have an accurate total of the yardage for yesterday, but I will do a pretty conservative guesstimate.

500 free warm up
200 free 2:19+
200 warm down
250 fly warm up
200 butterfly 2:59+
200 warm down
50 breaststroke in relay 34.high
50 free 26.90
200 IM 2:44+

1850 conservative yards
A-

Time to go swim

1 comment:

Rob D said...

Sounds like a good meet, 400 swimmers is huge for a one day meet! We mix men in women in our heats down here in SPMA and I really like it. It speeds up the meets by eliminating unnecessary heats and you get to swim with more people that are competitive to you... I don't really see a downside