Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Butterfly Made Easy

I woke up a bit confused this morning. I forgot what specific instructions I was to follow before this mornings procedure. I did not have to go to bed hungry either. I made a fair pot of coffee, did I tell you that the coffee maker that I am presently using is a piece of garbage. I told the manufacturer, but my complaint seems to have fallen on deaf ears. It was just an email. I was looking forward to a post workout meal too, it seems a light meal before the procedure was called for in the instructions.

The warm up was a bit different this morning in that I pretty much did alternating 50s of backstroke and freestyle for the
1000 swim, alternating 50back/free
1000 kick, last 250 breast kick on front/back

100ez

100 fly drill(warm up)
2x200 free/fly

500, quick set, free/fly

100ez

Butterfly felt good. I want to do some more butterfly. Tomorrow, Thursday, has been my usual no swim day of the week. It will be sustained as a day out of the pool again tomorrow. It actually feels like I am getting in shape. I think I am going to wait a bit longer before sprint training. I will continue training at the same level I am at until I feel more comfortable to be able to sprint train. My recent goal at USF will be the 200 free, 200 butterfly and 200 breaststroke, and possibly the 200 IM.

3200 yards

No comments: