Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

Wow, there are so many people on deck, just getting in as I walk into the pool area and ante up plus a tip for the lifeguard! I estimate that there are 35, upwards to 40 swimmers and the goal is to complete as many 100 yard intervals on 1:30. Now I am now clear as to exactly how much time is alloted, but it would take 2,5 hours to complete 100x100 on 1:30. I found a lane with Frank, Gail, that other guy and Fred joined us soon thereafter. I swam for about 2000 and then swam on pace for the next 1400. I then continued on a 1:30 pace for the next 2600 and then finished with about 200 warm down. It looks like a total of 6200 yards for New Years Day. We met at J and E. Morales for a wonderful brunch and get together after. Great way to start the New Year. I need to check out the USMS distance log, although I usually keep a fairly accurate web log when possible.

YTD 6200 yd

No comments: