Saturday, January 30, 2010

Warm Up Early, Dual Meet Today

I went to Finley at 0900 this morning. I used the time for a good warm up session, I am going to Petaluma this afternoon to participate in the dual meet that has been arranged between the two masters workout groups there. I am looking forward to this afternoon, I hope the weather is compatible with outdoor swimming in January.

500 free swim
5x100 free, smooth
250 kick on back with fins
250 inverted breast kick
10x50 choice

2000 yards

We headed over to Petaluma High School for the dual meet that turned out to be only a scrimmage due to the fact that the other team did not come. i do not know the ins and outs of the story, but it sounds like it may be ugly. Anyway, it was a lot of fun. There were about 9 of us and Dea Ann ran the event as a swilm meet, real time. She acted as starter/referee and did a fine job. She is a really good coach. We had whistles, and a start horn. I swam my events, 100 fly-1:11.5; 200 free-2:23; 100 IM-1:19; and 50 back-39.3. I figure that I swam another 500 or so for warm up/warm down so I can put down another 1000 yards for today.

1000 yards

No comments: