Friday, January 29, 2010

Kvetch Master

It is too warm, like the Y, this morning at Finley AC. Why can't the pool management keep the pools a constant temperature? Not to kvetch, okay, I kvetch every day, mostly about water temperature variation, sometimes about clarity issues or turbulence and tidal actions at Fridgway. Kvetch appears to have found its way into the common American lexicon; I notice that this the proper spelling for the Yiddish word. It did seem a bit warmer than usual this morning, but it beats Ridgway in more ways than one. It was a nice swim, I had no idea what the plan for the day was but I decided I am not going to swim with the noon group today.

500 free warm up
500 back, purposeful
500 breast, body awareness
5x100 free
20x50, various paces, intervals, strokes, most on 1 min, 1 broken 200@45 sec, 8x50free/strokes

The practice dual meet is at Petaluma High School tomorrow at 1 PM. I signed up for the 100 fly, 200 free, 100 IM, and 50 back. USF Valentine Affair is next week. I have entered 200 free, 200 fly, 50 free, and 200 IM.

3000 yards

No comments: